Here is a quick summary of the agile manifesto to get you started:
- Highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Welcome changing requirements, empowers business to adapt at its own pace.
- Deliver working solutions frequently, continuous feedback - working software is the primary measure of progress.
- Business and developers work in concert throughout the project (breaking down that divide)
- Build projects around motivated individuals, trust them to get the job done.
- Conveying information with face-to-face conversation.
- Maintain a constant pace indefinitely - sponsors, developers, and users.
- Continuous attention to technical excellence - good design enhances agility.
- Simplicity - the art of maximizing the amount of work not done
- The best architectures, requirements, and designs emerge from self-organizing teams.
- Team focused on continuous improvement.
See the Manifesto for Agile Software for more details